Name of Project: Proposal for a Follow-on Age Related Macular Degeneration (AMD) Clinical Study.
Dr. Ridder, Dr. Comer, Dr. Oquindo and Dr. Yoshinaga are currently recruiting normal and age related macular degeneration volunteers for a study at the Southern California College of Optometry/Ketchum Health, Marshall B. Ketchum University.
Inclusion Criteria for Normal subjects:
- Approximate age: 65+
- Vision close to 20/20 OD/OS
Exclusion Criteria for Normal subjects:
- Significant cataract that affects vision
- Glaucoma, strabismus, amblyopia
- Diabetes, Uncontrolled hypertension
Inclusion Criteria for AMD subjects:
- Visual acuity in one eye 20/60 or better
Exclusion Criteria the same as for Normal subjects
In this research project, there will be three arms of testing to be completed initially:
1. Clinical Testing (approx. 1.5 hours, no compensation, but exam is free)
2. Vision Testing (approx. 2 hours, Compensation: $25/hour)
3. Blood Draw at lab in Cypress (Compensation: $50/blood draw)
This is a two year study that will repeat testing either every 6 months or annually for each subject during the two years.
If you have a potential subject, please contact one of us and please ask your patient if they are interested at the time of their visit if possible.
email@example.com (ex 7405)
firstname.lastname@example.org (ex 7851)
email@example.com (ex 7843)